April 24, 2012

Susan has been telling me that I can guest post, so here we go.


This morning we had tea and oranges.  It made me remember that the simple things are sometimes, well most of the time, the best things.



I couldn't help but think of the great song (one of those desert island songs to be sure), Suzanne, by Leonard Cohen.
       
 "She gives you tea and oranges that come all the way from China"


Now on to the oranges.   They were Minneola oranges.  Not from China, but I think you get the gist.  


They were what an orange should be; sweet with juice that runs down your face as you savor a segment. 


I was transported back to my childhood trips to Florida.  The oranges at the roadside stands were  just like these oranges I was eating in my kitchen.   The thin, hard-to-peel skin was mottled with black spots.  But, there was always an explosion of juice as a reward to the challenging peel.


What a great way to start a Saturday morning.


                                                        Glenn

No comments:

Post a Comment


"You can't always get what you want. But, if you try, sometimes, you get what you need."

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
A Few of my Favorite Things Tea*Chocolate* Lake Michigan in Leelanau County*Vintage Crepe Paper Crafts*Prince circa 1980's*Pork*California Redwoods*Outsider Art*The Smell of Lilacs and Summer Rain*Burlap*Food prepared from scratch*The Color RED*Hats